The key to personal development is to be more growth oriented than goal oriented.
- The better you are, the greater your value today
- If you’re looking back on yesterday and still thinking what a great job that was, then you aren’t adding much value today.
- The better you are, the greater your potential for tomorrow.
- I’m often asked by leaders who take our GAPPS assessment about their potential. Since we have a potentiality index, which we know is remarkably accurate. And especially if it’s a little low, or they’ve already reached it. And I ask them, what have you done today that makes you better than yesterday. Those with little more potential always say nothing, those with great potential can tell me the often many things they are doing better today than yesterday, and also they share what their plans are for tomorrow too.
- The better you are, the greater the potential of others for tomorrow.
Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you are a leader, success is all about growing others. And the time to start that is today. Jack Welch