Are you in full control of your career? Do you have a clear goal and vision for your future? And are you actively and deliberately developing your competencies, attributes and abilities?
If, like 90% of the leaders we have worked with, your answer to the above is “no”, you risk achieving what only others choose for you. And then only if they care sufficiently to do so.
Basically, if you are not working to realize your own goals, you are likely to be working to achieve someone else’s.
There’s the usual route to finding your next job. You polish up your resume, making certain that you’ve included a few ‘power’ adjectives and search the internet and papers for vacancies.
Of course you want to be ‘headhunted’, found and offered that perfect job, with a fabulous salary and all the benefits. But just in case, you tart up your LinkedIn profile and start contacting people that you haven;t spoken to in years, subtly, or not so subtly, asking for a job.
And when you do get that next job, how long is it before you hate that one too? That your new boss is as much of a w****r as your last boss? That you are unappreciated, your hard work unrecognised and, let’s face it, what seemed like a nice salary at the time you accepted just isn’t enough to have the lifestyle you want and deserve?
It should come as no surprise that I hear, “I hate my job, but I don’t know what else I can do!” But what might be a bit surprising to some is that I also tend to hear things along the lines of “I have no idea what I can do with these skills,” and “I need help pinpointing what exactly I want to do—and how to get there.”
Job-search anxiety is also something that I frequently encounter. And, as of late, an ever-increasing number of clients expresses frustration with using social media, especially LinkedIn, as an aid in their career goals.
Why is this? Well, sadly for the vast majority of people they are job-hunting and not seeking a meaningful career. And, yes, there is a difference, a big difference.
The Pursuit of Meaningful Work and True Career Success
We’ve interacted with thousands of people – from senior executives to university students to mid-career professionals to retired executives – who’ve come to us for support and guidance in finding a more fulfilling position.
And since you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume that you’re on a similar journey.
If you’ve ever been in the position of working at an organization whose mission you don’t actually care about (and let’s be honest, who hasn’t?), you already understand why it’s so important to have purpose and meaning in your work.
After all, we spend the vast majority of our waking hours at work. And over the course of our careers, we spend hundreds of thousands of hours at our jobs.
So why wouldn’t we want work to be a place that we’re excited to go to?
Why resign ourselves to an environment where we’re surrounded by people who don’t share our values? Where we don’t feel like we’re being challenged and realizing our full potential? Where we’re not making a difference to others?
When you start to think about it, it’s obvious. The problem is, most people never take the time to proactively shape the direction of their careers to get what they want. In fact, when it comes to their work, most people don’t even know what they really want!
Unfortunately, it’s all too easy to get overwhelmed by all the different things you “should” be doing to advance your career and not know which ones to focus on – especially when you’re already stretched so thin between juggling your current job and personal life.
Most people end up spending years or even decades waiting passively at their jobs, wishing things would somehow get better on their own – but they never do the hard work of defining what exactly would make them more fulfilled, and what they have to do to turn that into reality.
So that’s where we’re going to get started: clarifying what “meaningful work” looks like to you, so you can start to take control over the direction over your career
You may even be thinking that it doesn’t look a lot different to the ‘traditional’ job-hunting route.
And that would be somewhat true. At least the original intention for your future is probably the same. The past, well that’s the same, and the present too. So what is different?
You see those big question marks?
That’s what we do as your career coach.
We ask you the right questions.
- We’ll guide you to really dig into your past, your experience, and find out those moments when you felt most alive, those moments when your heart sang!
- And, we’ll look at those moments when your heart sank.
- We’ll guide you in getting real clarity on what you want, deep inside your soul, to achieve in your life. We’ll help you uncover a career path that will provide meaning for you. Where you use your talents and love doing it. A place where you will leap from your cozy bed with joy to get back to work. A place where you balance everything that is important to you.
- You’ll now know what you are really looking for. And, what you do not want.
- Then, we’ll guide you in your resume re-write, your LinkedIn profile makeover (please note we guide you, we don’t write it for you. It has to be your words, your soul.)
- We’ll guide you on finding opportunities and how to filter the right ones. We’ll help you prepare for interviews. We’ll celebrate with you when you win that position.
Yes, I can hear your questions already.
- What if I can’t find the exact right opportunity?
- But if I do what I want to do, I’d have to take a pay cut.
- What if I don’t know what I am good at?
- What if I don’t know what I really want?
- Will I get that job at the end of 3 months?
So let me answer as succinctly as I can for now. We cannot promise the exact position you want is available right now, in the right place at just the right salary… nobody can. We can promise that we will help you uncover what you are good at and what you want.
- But I need a job NOW! I can’t wait 90 days to do this.
There are plenty of jobs. Not necessarily the one you really want or that will be good for your career. This is not a job-hunting course, it’s about long-term career success and your ultimate happiness. But you want to move through it faster? We can… can you?
The first step in finding out if working with us is right for you, is to schedule a free. complimentary, without obligation “Breakthrough Career Success Session”. We will spend 40 minutes with you where we will work together to…
- Create a crystal clear vision for the type of career you want, the income level you desire, and what it will take to make it happen
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be sabotaging your success with getting interviews and ace-ing them
- Leave this session renewed, re-energized, and inspired to pursue meaningful work and get paid for doing something you love.
Want to know more about the programme?
Schedule your free session. We’ll share as much detail with you as you want, and you’ll find out quickly if you can work with us. As I said, no obligation and no pressure.
What’s the catch?
“Hold on a moment. How much is this going to cost me?”
]The Career Success coaching programme is $4,450 (around SGD5,525)
“And what do I get for that?”
The whole programme. In short:
- 12 individual coaching sessions of 80 minutes each (worth more than $7,850)
- Tutorials in all 12 modules – these take about 90 minutes each week (worth more than $1,200)
- Up to 3 critiques of your Resume and LinkedIn profile (worth more than $1,980)
- And a career that fulfills you… (what’s that worth to you?)
“Is there a payment plan?”
Yes. You can choose to pay over 3 months @$1,735 each month
And yes, this is more expensive than paying the full $4,450 up front (because it’s more paperwork for us).
“Do you guarantee my results?”
Remember, you’re covered by our iron-clad double guarantee. If this course still doesn’t work for you, I’ll be happy to give your money back with a smile. So take the leap now, secure in the fact that you’re in good hands. If you’re not happy with your progress, just tell me within 30 days for a complete refund. And I’ll be happy to refund your money with a smile.
“Why not stick with the traditional way and just get a job?”
You owe it to yourself and your career to move ahead. Take a decision now and change the way you’ve been doing things forever!
“But I need a job now. Can I do this faster than 90 days?”
Yes, it is possible. But if you’re looking for someone to bang out a new resume for you, or find the “right” job for you, then this programme is NOT for you.
Very few people actually manage to progress faster than the 3 months we schedule, in part, you do have quite a bit of work to do, and in larger part, that ideal career option takes time to find.
If you’re looking to take charge of a career that you really want. If you want concrete suggestions, real-world experience and information that’s not all hype, then you’re in the right place. The programme is different because you get not only step by step systems, but you also get real experience and real results, instead of gimmicks.
Of course, if you’ve been on the AdvantEdge VIP or LeaderShift! list for any amount of time, you’ll know the above to be true, and you can take any decision with the full knowledge that you’ll get more than your value for money.
“But what if you don’t get your value for money?”
I recommend that you NEVER buy anything that isn’t 100% guaranteed. And with this coaching programme you get our ‘Smiley Guarantee’. Which means that if you decide all this information is rubbish, you can literally email us and we’ll give you all your money back. With no questions asked.
Email me within 30 days for a complete refund. And I’ll be happy to refund your money with a smile.
“Do you guarantee that I’ll be happy in my future career?”
- I wish I could.
- I do know that you will have made good decisions given the information available, but I can’t promise that others will be truthful, nor can I promise what others will do.
“Will you find me a job?”
- I may connect you to the right people. I will help you position yourself as best as you can. I will help you prepare for interviews. Remember, this is YOUR career and YOUR life.
“I don’t know if I can afford the cost and the time?”
- I appreciate that this is a sizeable investment.
So, can you invest 45 minutes to chat?
No obligation. No financial cost.
Together, we’ll find out if you and I can make this work for you.
I am not interested in working with anyone who isn’t fully committed (it’s far too much work for me). I am not interested in working with someone who resents spending their hard earned money on me (I like to be valued too, you know). But I do want to help you if I can. Even if that means we just chat fro 45 minutes and you get something out of it and decide not to proceed… that is absolutely fine.
“Where does the coaching take place?”
We use a powerful 3D Coaching Environment that works brilliantly and has a built-in video-conferencing system for us to interact easily.
We also use Appear.in, and sometimes Skype (if the connection for you is good enough).
“What about coaching in person?”
- If you are blessed to live in Singapore… sure, no problem. We also have coaches based in Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Germany, Israel, Poland, Argentina, Chile and a growing number of cities around the world.